About Us

The Food Rivalries blog was created to guide both foreign and local food lovers in their search for the ultimate palate delight. This blog mainly features local restaurants found in Western Visayas, Philippines.

Contributors of Food Rivalries


Marcos
I'm not a voracious eater but I enjoy good food. I would usually try anything even weird exotic foods as long as they do not move inside my mouth. I like eating seafoods the most because they are fun to eat. My other hobbies include blogging, photography, traveling, and web design. To learn more about me, you can check out my personal website at Ambot-ah.


Angie
I'm a foodie down right to the bones. I probably have a sweet-tooth the size of a bear's molars and an appetite like that of an elephant's. I'd probably eat anything but I'm a little picky when it comes to vegetables. To me, food can make everything more exciting, that's why I'm willing to spend hard-earned cash on food. I also try to be a objective s possible but I believe that good food should always be reasonably priced. They should be worth what you pay for, not just the taste but the serving size as well.What's the point n making the flavor incredible, if you can finish the entire meal i just a bite? I'm currently experimenting on sandwiches, coffee and deserts.


Vince
I'm a real pain in the ass when it comes to food. I eat a lot, and I'll give almost anything a try. I really like food with lots of flavors but not that overpowering. I'm a critic at heart, if I hate that thing, I'll find more ways to hate it. But if I like something, I shut my pie hole at first and yap about its goodness later. Also, I like really big servings of food and I want to spend a whole lot for something that's worth every penny. I can also be tactless and can be easily disappointed. What's the point of never counting the calories and dying to live? Its because I'm not so fond of living and I'm not some lug who was bullied at school with a big L on the forehead and strives for perfection because of insecurities in their pitiful life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, Lee here! At one point in my gastronomic marathon in Iloilo last December, Marcos did mention about "Food Rivalries". As I mentioned to a friend: when there's food, most likely you'll find me there! So, here I am (like a housefly).
Would love to try those burgers on my next trip to the Philippines. I concentrated heavily on Pinoy/Ilonggo foods during my recent visit there. Though I ventured on pizza, a little bit on steak and some Japanese/Thai foods.
Yeah, Marcos, did you say you're not a voracious eater? REALLY??? Hehehe! I would like to believe that, bud!
Angie, nice meeting you! I wish I went with you guys when you trekked to Pototan for the Christmas light gala.
Vince, Vince, Vince! I agree, foods and cars are comparable (hehehe!). Very appropriate! Man, you've got good sense of humor. Hey, Vince, will catch up with our converation about cars on my next trip there, okay?

vince said...

sure lee... hehe... nice to hear from you again. hope to meet you again. hehehehe

Unknown said...

The Verdict:
5/5!!!

nice new website you got here guys!
Is 5 the Highest score for each category? i think it has to be made more clearer. I know this is just a new blog but i know will see some more innovations from you guys,Cheers!

-jc of SSC